1. What does this day mean for me? I am very grateful for my priesthood and for this day, especially for all of the Masses I have been able to offer over the past 75 years. My reflections on “My Seventy Fifth Ordination Anniversary” are posted on my website (www.msgrfoy.com).
2. What made me stand (in the grace of God) with the Pope? I was in my fifties when Humanae vitae was released and I will be one-hundred years old next year. My work in the marriage court proved to me that the contraceptive mentality would destroy the Church locally and it has led to a suicidal birth rate. Catholics are called to give assent to the magisterial authority of the pope. The authority of the Church has always condemned contraception. I have always accepted the moral authority of the pope.
3. What has been the most difficult battle in this in Canada? The evil caused by the erroneous Winnipeg Statement.
4. What fruit has speaking to many young couples borne? I have upheld the Church’s teaching in instructing young people in my sermons, confessional advise, marriage preparation, spiritual direction, and in my writings and on my website. The fruit I intended is the salvation and sanctification of souls. We are all called to holiness.
5. What do I see as the biggest threat to the Church in our country today? I see the contraceptive mentality, resulting in the suicidal birthrate, as the greatest threat to the Church in Canada today.
6. What gave me the biggest joy on arriving at this day? On arriving at this day, the joy of the priesthood, the Love of God, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the Real Presence of Christ in the Most Blessed Sacrament, and Our Blessed Mother give me great happiness.
7. What does the upcoming sanctification of Blessed Pope Paul VI mean for me? For one thing, it is a vindication of Humanae vitae. As Pope Paul VI repeated three times in his last sermon, at which I was present, “I did not betray the truth.”
If there any more questions or if more information is needed, please feel free to ask and sign up for updates on my website.
Thank you and God bless you,
Msgr. Vincent Foy, P.H. J.C.D.